My Beloved

My Beloved
Davey Crockett

Blooms and Bugs

Blooms and Bugs
Kylee Bug

Yogi Bear

Yogi Bear
Logie Bogie

our little SUPERman

our little SUPERman
"E"man

my sweet pea

my sweet pea
Jolee girl

Emm & M

Emm & M
Emma Jane

pretty pink podsnack

Saturday, February 5, 2011

Grampa Jordan

Arizona - Ready or Not - Here we come!!!

It would be silly to fly all the way to California and not hop over to Arizona for a quick visit to see Grampa Jordan. He will be 84 years old next month. And honestly a lot of things could happen sooner than later and I would never forgive myself if I didn't take the time to see him, and heaven forbid something happen before I get another chance to make the trip again.
The kids love staying there at his house. They have their own room there and Grampa has lots of fun things to do at his house with a heated pool close by, lots of warm sunshine, quite a few nice playgrounds located all throughout the neighborhood, baseball diamond across the street, an unlimited amount of rocks to climb on, collect, and throw. What more could you possibly ask for - it's a child's paradise!


Jolee is some old cuffs of Grampa's!
She is a prisoner of the state now.

My Grampa Jordan for the better part of his life has served in law enforcement. He was the Sheriff, to be more precise. I always thought my Grandfather was John Wayne growing up - He used to look just like him anyway. He has had many a gun fight. He was pronounced dead once. And he has even shot and killed a guy. It was shoot or be shot. He lived in the Wild West back in those days and someone had to lay down the law.


Logan & Jolee are enjoying the sweet pink grapefruit from the tree in the backyard. Yummo!


Grampa LOVES a good game of Domino's. Mexican Train, to be exact. And if he starts loosin', pug your ears, before he starts spoutin' like a sailor on the high seas!


Jolee jumped in for quite a number of games and did really well. We were all impressed how well she thought ahead and strategized her domino's without any help at all. Way to go baby girl!


Uncle Tracy came out to visit and play an entire game of Mexican Train (which is 13 rounds, for those of you whom have never played)and he brought a couple of his dogs for the kids to play with. Wiley E. Coyote - We call him "Wiley" for short, and Blanca - who is expecting a litter of puppies. The kids sure had fun walking them, or if you want to get a better visual... draggin' them around.


Kylee is busy doing her homework and writing down everyone's names. She is too cute. And WAY too smart for her own good. The girl never stops talking!!!


Funny thing is my Grampa calls me "Shorty" and I never have been very short.


David is 1 month old today!
Jolee is quite the little Mommy to baby David, and loves carrying him around like a little rag doll, despite all of the times her Momma tells her to "put the baby down".


Here we are all together with Grampa Jordan and he has his Lake Hood Elementary School T-shirt on that the great grankids gave to him. A little story about the T-shirt is that when I was going to Elementary my Mom sent him a T-shirt from my school, Pioneer Peak Elementary. And he STILL has it and wears it EVERYTIME we come to visit him. Sooo I thought it might be time to get him a new shirt and retire the old one. Just thinking of him in that red Pioneer Peak shirt makes me smile.


I love you Grampa! We are missing you already!


Grampa, despite all of the times he has lost at Mexican Train to Peter, loves him anyway!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment